News and Events
Updated March 2018
Raggedy Moon Books is proud to announce that Twilight Empress: A Novel of Imperial Rome is now available in audiobook format at Audible and iTunes.
Only one week left. Sale ends July 31!
- Smashwords is holding its annual Summer/Winter Sale with thousands of authors and publishers giving drastic discounts for their books. All my books are on sale: novels for only $2.99, shorter works are $1.50 or FREE. If you haven’t sampled my stuff, yet, here’s a great opportunity to try it. All my novels for less than a coffee and muffin. My whole body of work for less than a martini in Manhattan (without the hangover)! Check it out and don’t forget to add the discount coupon at checkout. Sale runs through July.
- Twilight Empress hits it big in Belgium. Thanks to Bookfever for the lovely review: “It’s been a long time since I stayed up late to finish a book…I just couldn’t stop reading and had this intense need to know how it all would end.”
- Raggedy Moon Books put out a book trailer for Tokoyo. It looks gorgeous!
- A lovely review of Tokoyo at Three Show Saturday: “Tokoyo [comes] through as a strong, independent and courageous young woman…Overall an entertaining read that will impress readers ages 8 to 10.”
- A five-star review of Tokoyo, the Samurai’s Daughter at Bookish Delights: “It was outstanding! You are swept away not only by the beautiful storytelling, but also the wonderful illustrations. [It’s] a remarkable illustrated middle-grade book that is incredibly inspiring and touching. I highly recommend reading it!”
- Historical Novel Reviews, Issue #82 gave Tokoyo a rave review: “Tokoyo, The Samurai’s Daughter is a dramatic, adventurous story reflecting the legends and tales of Japan in medieval times. Thoroughly enjoyable and highly recommended!”
Faith L. Justice will present to the New York City Chapter of the Historical Novel Society on Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at the Jefferson Market Courthouse Library:
“The Devil’s in the Historical Details”
18C underwear. Bronze Age religious rituals. WWI trench construction.
The sights, smells, sounds and descriptions of clothes, food, housing, behavior and transportation in a different time make the reader suspend disbelief and join wholeheartedly in historical fiction. Author Faith Justice will take us on a journey through the resources that can help make historical fiction come alive. From primary sources to interactive internet tools to site visits, Faith will explore the pleasures and pitfalls of historical research. Q&A will follow. Bring your own tips and share with the group!